[VIDEO]: All about those sesame seeds
Allow me to introduce you to your new best friend...drumroll please...MICHELLE'S MONDAY MINUTE.
This YouTube series will drop every Monday, giving you 1 minute chock-full of healthy cooking knowledge. You'll be able to get past your excuses of not knowing what healthy foods are or how to prepare them, and start to feel more confident in your kitchen so you can just get cooking. I dish out the healthy tips and chef tricks that will make it easier. Because when it's easier, you do it more, and the more you cook your meals, the better you'll feel. Easy does it.
The premiere episode of MICHELLE'S MONDAY MINUTE is below. I tell you everything you need to know about those tiny powerhouse seeds called Sesame Seeds. Go ahead, reach out of your comfort zone, and try my recipe for Herb Tahini Dressing below the video. My promise to you is that you will realize how easy it is to feed yourself home cooked, healthy food. The more you do this, the more you will inspire others to do the same (and you'll also never want to buy pre-made dressing again). While you're at it, share your creations on Facebook or Instagram with the tag: #MichellesMondayMinute.
What are you waiting for? Go get your sesame seed on!
Herb Tahini Dressing
Makes approx. 3 cups
1/2 c. tahini
2 c. water
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more to taste
1 full handful Parsley, de-stemmed
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp. greek yogurt (optional)
- Place all ingredients into blender of food processor. Blend on high until reaching a creamy, dressing consistency. Add more water as needed.
- Taste by dipping in piece of lettuce or raw vegetable, and adjust seasoning with more lemon juice, salt, or pepper as needed.
- Store in airtight container or glass jar for up to 5 days.
- Salad dressing
- Crudite dip
- Over avocado toast
- With curried lentil burgers
- Stir into plain hummus
- Drizzled on steak, grilled fish, or chicken